Your cart is currently empty!
It’s best to work in a big basin, or even the bathtub if you don’t have a sink with strong enough water pressure. The most ideal way to wash your wig is with a handheld sprayer.
When choosing shampoo and conditioner for your wig, look for a product that is simple, moisturizing, and free of any harsh chemicals.
- Take a Styrofoam or similar head and pin the wig at the temples with t-pins.
- Wet the wig thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply a small amount of shampoo to the palms of your hands and apply evenly over the wig. Avoid twisting or rubbing the hair. Work your way from the tips up to the roots.
- Rinse with warm water until it runs clear and all the shampoo is washed out.
- While the hair is still wet, spread a small amount of considerer into the palms of your hands and work evenly into the hair. Avoid applying conditioner to the base of the wig, as this can weaken the wig’s construction.
- Rinse with warm water until it runs clear and all the conditioner is washed out.
- Rinse with cold water.
If there is intense buildup on the wig, you may need to use a clarifying shampoo and/or wash it twice.
Wash your Yaffa wig every 2-4 week for best results.